An assertive person is confident, communicates well and is skilled in dealing with people in all types of situations. This workshop will give you knowledge and practice for evaluating situations and responding appropriately. It will focus on the work situations that you may encounter. This course was previously called 'Assertiveness'.
This course is recommended by Faculties for postgraduate representatives who attend SSC meetings. It is credit bearing for doctoral students.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Identify the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour at work
- Recognise body language during meetings associated with these behaviours
- Employ active listening techniques and other communication skills
- Develop your self-confidence and ability to communicate effectively in meetings
- Evaluate situations and your response to improve outcomes
This induction is restricted to those elected as a Postgraduate Academic Representative.
To book your place please sign up here. Maximum of 35 attendants.