Nominations will open on Wednesday 8 November 2023.
This page is a resource for candidates. If you prefer to talk to someone, you can ask the Representation Team any questions regarding the available roles, campaigning, or other related queries by emailing email@example.com
- Candidates' Pack and Election Rules, to help candidates campaign successfully without fear of penalty
- Important information about training, which is compulsory for some positions
- Elections Team information, to know who is running the Autumn Elections
- Complaints information so you can alert the Returning Officer if someone has breached the rules of these elections
- Elections feedback survey for candidates to let us know what worked well, and what could be improved, for future elections processes
Imperial College Union's elections are governed by rules that ensure fairness and accessibility while rewarding energy and enthusiasm. By nominating yourself for a role, you agree that you have read and understood all of the relevant rules and policies.
Imperial College Union offers comprehensive training for Student Representatives, please check out the page here for dates.
The Autumn Elections 2023 are governed by a Returning Officer who is responsible for ensuring the elections are free and fair. The Returning Officer for Autumn Elections 2023 is Tom Newman, Managing Director at Imperial College Union. The Returning Officer will make the final and binding decision on any rule breaches or complex queries raised by candidates and members.
The Returning Officer appoints a Deputy Returning Officer, a member of Imperial College Union staff, to operate the elections on a day-to-day basis, answer queries from candidates and voters, and make rulings on complaints and rule breaches. The Deputy Returning Officer is Cat Turhan (Director of Membership Services).
The Returning and Deputy Returning Officers can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit complaints using the complaints form.
Election candidates can submit general feedback regarding the elections process here. This will help us to develop and improve future elections processes.
The rules of the elections will be interpreted and enforced by the Returning Officer (RO) and Deputy Returning Officers (DROs). The DRO reports updates candidates on the latest DRO rulings and interpretations of the elections rules.
Read the latest DRO Reports