In May 2021 our Board of Trustees approved our new strategic plan and associated KPIs in a balanced scorecard. The plan is called ‘Back to Basics’ for a reason: because we understand we need to spend at least two years refocusing on the fundamentals of what makes a students’ union so important.
The plan is split into six key sections:
- We identify and understand the major contextual challenges and opportunities that we face.
- We state what our overall mission is and the theory of change that underpins all our work.
- We define what this means for our students as our aims.
- We identify the enablers that will help us to become an effective organisation.
- We articulate how we work through our values.
- We set key performance indicators to measure our performance against clear goals.