PotMed is a one-day Medical admissions crash course which aims to equip potential medical students with the tools and resources to help them through the application process.
This is a well-established, large-scale conference that is set to run for its 13th year in a row and we are proud to say that last year, all students who gave feedback reported feeling far more confident regarding medical school applications, and this year we expect demand to be bigger than ever!
The course will include:
● Talks from medical students, doctors and Imperial College lecturers
● A comprehensive review of each section in the BMAT/UCAT, with advice on how to tackle common question types and worked examples.
● Presentation on what goes into making a great personal statement, followed by dedicated time to discuss your own personal statement one-to-one with a current Imperial medical student and receive personalised feedback.
● A chance to experience both Panel & MMI style mock interviews with individual feedback, all in a supportive environment set to emulate the real thing as closely as possible.
● Ethics Seminar + Debate
● A guided tour around the Imperial College London South Kensington campus, and School of Medicine building with a unique insight into the day-to-day life of a first year medical student.
● Opportunities to meet with representatives from other medical schools.
● A Q&A Panel with a unique opportunity to ask questions about the Imperial admissions process and life as a doctor directly to senior lecturers and admissions representatives.
For more information, check out our website at http://potmed.muslimmedics.co.uk/!
(If you're a medical student and would like to volunteer on the day, please fill out the following form: http://bit.ly/PotMed19Volunteers)