If your CSP holds regular meetings, training sessions, rehearsals or other in-person activity, and requires space for these activities, then you will need to place an annual room booking. Activities or events taking place on a less frequent basis are not suitable for this type of room booking and should be submitted as Ad Hoc Bookings. Below outlines the steps each group should take to complete an annual booking request.
Annual Room Booking Process
Step 1 - Review
Step 1: The committee should review the activities they delivered last year and the bookings they had. They should then plan activity they wish to deliver for this year.
- Step 2 - Check Our Spaces
Step 3 - What Do You need?
Step 3: The committee should agree on the activities and spaces the group should book, as well as times. Only one of your committee should submit the request - we'll process your latest submission.
- Step 4 - Read our Ts & Cs
- Step 5 - Submit an Annual Room Booking Request Form
Timeline & Deadlines
- 21st July 2023: Annual room bookings form opens for request
- 18th August 2023: Deadline for request forms
- 1st September 2023: Room Allocations Communicated to Student Groups
- 4th - 5th September 2023: Drop in's available with Activities team to discuss concerns (5th online)
- 9th September 2023: Ad-hoc Room Bookings Form Launched for one-off room bookings
- 9th October 2023: Annual room bookings start from this date
What is an annual room booking?
An annual room booking is a booking for a single room that repeats on the same day/time each week throughout the Autumn/Spring term. This type of booking gives your CSP a regular meeting point for a fixed activity that is at the core of your CSP’s activity.
Who can make an annual room booking?
The form is open to all committee members to complete, however we will only process one per CSP. As your CSP can only submit one form – please coordinate with your committee members as to who will complete the form on behalf of your club, society or project.
- How do I submit an annual room booking?
Which rooms are bookable?
The Student Union offers all its rooms in the Union Building (Beit Quad) for CSP use between 8am and 11pm. We also have limited rooms available to us in the Colleges, but these rooms are typically available to us from 6pm- 11pm on weekdays and 8am-11pm on weekends.
For a full list of bookable spaces please see: Bookable Spaces
How many annual room bookings can I place?
- Each CSP can place up to 12 hours of room bookings per week.
- Room bookings are allocated in 4-HOUR SLOTS ONLY
- Please only submit bookings that you need to facilitate your weekly student activity – you do not need to enter 14 hours' worth of room bookings if you only train/meet/rehearse twice per week.
- Any other activity not included in your proposed annual activity can be booked via our Ad-Hoc room booking process.
- How do you prioritise who gets given what spaces?
When do annual room bookings begin?
Week 2 (week commencing: 9th October)
Why are all of my room booking allocations unavailable in weeks 13, 14, 27 & 28?
During week’s 13 and 14 we have a college closure. This is for the Christmas break, and you will be unable to access your space within these weeks. Likewise, the college is closed for Easter break in weeks 27 and 28.
When does the annual room booking allocation end?
22nd March 2024 - inline with the end of spring term.
How do I check my bookings are in the system correctly or space availability?
To check a booking or to check the availability of a room please see the following live calendar on Imperial college's timetabling system (Celcat):
This is a live calendar and holds all bookings made by the Union, the colleges and its departments. If something doesn’t look right regarding your booking, please get in touch with email@example.com or attend a drop-in session. If your booking is incorrect on the live calendar we will need to amend it. It is your responsibility to check that your bookings are correct on Celcat.
To check a specific room you will need to search the rooms correct Celcat name. Please see the following list for the names of the spaces you have booked:
How to cancel a confirmed room booking?
Please either respond to your annual allocation email or email firstname.lastname@example.org