If your CSP holds regular meetings, training sessions, rehearsals or other in-person activity, and requires space for these activities, then you will need to place an annual room booking. Activities or events taking place on a less frequent basis are not suitable for this type of room booking and should be submitted as Ad Hoc Bookings. Below outlines the steps each group should take to complete an annual booking request.
Annual Room Booking Process
Step 1: The committee should review the activities they delivered last year and the bookings they had. They should then plan activity they wish to deliver for this year.
Step 2: We advise each group to take a look at all spaces available for bookings.
Step 3: The committee should agree on the activities and spaces the group should book, as well as times.
Step 4: Ensure you have read the Union's room bookings terms and conditions as these apply to all room bookings made by a CSP including Annual Room Bookings. If you are booking any college spaces we also need you to read the college's room booking policy.
Step 5: Fill in and Submit your groups Annual Room Bookings Request using the link below.
THIS FORM IS NO LONGER MONITORED AS THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
Timeline & Deadlines
- 12th August 2022: Annual room bookings form opens for request
- 28th August 2022: Deadline for request forms
- 9th September 2022: Room Allocations Communicated to Student Groups
- 12th - 15th September 2022: Drop in's available with Activities team to discuss concerns
- 16th September 2022: Ad-hoc Room Bookings Form Launched for one-off room bookings
- 10th October 2022: Annual room bookings start from this date
What is an annual room booking?
An annual room booking is a booking for a single room that repeats on the same day/time each week throughout any of the academic terms. This type of booking gives your CSP a regular meeting point for a fixed activity that is at the core of your CSP’s activity.
Who can make an annual room booking?
The form is open to all committee members to complete, however we will only process one per CSP. As your CSP can only submit one form – please coordinate with your committee members as to who will complete the form on behalf of your club, society or project.
How do I submit an annual room booking?
Annual room bookings can be placed via the Annual Room Booking form. This year (2022-2023), the annual room booking form will be sent out to all CSP Committee members on Friday 12th of August.
Which rooms are bookable?
The Student Union offers all its rooms in the Union Building (Beit Quad) for CSP use between 8am and 11pm. We also have limited rooms available to us in the Colleges, but these rooms are typically available to us from 6pm- 11pm on weekdays and 8am-11pm on weekends.
For a full list of bookable spaces please see: Bookable Spaces
How many annual room bookings can I place?
- Each CSP can place up to 14 hours of room bookings per week.
- Room bookings are allocated in 2-HOUR SLOTS ONLY
- Room booking requests can be placed back-to-back (e.g., creating a 4-hour slot)
- Please only submit bookings that you need to facilitate your weekly student activity – you do not need to enter 14 hours' worth of room bookings if you only train/meet/rehearse twice per week.
- Any other activity not included in your proposed annual activity can be booked via our Ad-Hoc room booking process.
- How do you prioritise who gets given what spaces?
When do annual room bookings begin?
Week 2 (week commencing: 10th October)
Why are all of my room booking allocations unavailable in weeks 13, 14, 27 & 28?
During week’s 13 and 14 we have a college closure. This is for the Christmas break, and you will be unable to access your space within these weeks. Likewise, the college is closed for Easter break in weeks 27 and 28.
When does the annual room booking allocation end?
30th June 2023 - inline with the end of summer term.
How do I check my bookings are in the system correctly or space availability?
To check a booking or to check the availability of a room please see the following live calendar on Imperial college's timetabling system (Celcat):
This is a live calendar and holds all bookings made by the Union, the colleges and its departments. If something doesn’t look right regarding your booking, please get in touch with email@example.com or attend a drop-in session. If your booking is incorrect on the live calendar we will need to amend it. It is your responsibility to check that your bookings are correct on Celcat.
To check a specific room you will need to search the rooms correct Celcat name. Please see the following list for the names of the spaces you have booked:
How to cancel a confirmed room booking?
Please either respond to your annual allocation email or email firstname.lastname@example.org