- College approved the purchase of a new 700-bed halls of residence in North Acton, called W3, over 30 minutes from campus.
- It was likely - unless we kept quiet - that this could have meant no attempt would be made to save the old halls of Evelyn Gardens and Garden Hall.
- The Union started the #AgainstActon campaign in order to demonstrate to College the hugely negative impact such a decision will have on the 'student experience'
- Union Council, on behalf of all Imperial College London students asked College management to respond to the following:
- The Rector discussed the Union Council's paper at the College Management Board on the 20 March.
- Their response is available here .
What's happening now?
We have put together a large amount of information on these pages (please see the menu at the top) to clearly state why student should be close to campus in affordable accomodation. The Union President is to discuss the Union's views and way forward at the next Union Council.