Trips vs Tours
The difference between a trip and tour is defined in the Tours policy and is important if you wish to apply for funding from the IC Trust Tours pot. As a basic explanation, a trip is a regular or generic part of your club's activity. Examples include '30 away matches' or '5 weekends in the Mountain Hut'.
A Tour is defined as a period of 2 days and 2 nights residential stay (overnight) outside of London
Planning a Tour
If your club are planning a Tour you will need to submit a Tours application
Once submitted you will need to do the following:
1. Submit a Tour Risk Assessment
You can either:
- Update your Annual Risk Assessment via eActivities > Administration > Clubs, Societies & Projects > Documentation > Risk Assessment
- Submit a seperate Risk Assessment to the Student Activities team using the template found at www.imperialcollegeunion.org/forms
2. Submit details of your participants (via an Activity Registration)
- Go to eActivities > Administration > Clubs, Societies & Projects > Register New Activity
We need this information for insurance purposes, and to contact you if there is an accident or incident on the tour.
3. Attend a Tours training workshop
- The Trips & Tours workshop is designed to prepare you as a tour organiser/lead in planning your tour, managing the safety of your participants, the tours funding process and submitting your post-tour report.
Each year, Imperial College Union applies to the IC Trust for funding and uses this money to financially support groups with their travel costs. If your Club, Society or Project would like to apply for Tours funding, you will be asked to submit a budget following your initial Tours application.
Below you can view the funding deadline dates for Tour applications and budget submissions for the current academic year;
2018 - 2019
|Tour Period||14/12/2018 - 22/03/2019|
|Tour Application||01/08/2018 - 02/11/2018|
|Tour Budget||06/11/2018 - 18/11/2018|
|Tour Period||23/03/2019 - 28/06/2019|
|Tour Application||02/11/2018 - 18/01/2019|
|Tour Budget||28/01/2019 - 11/03/2019|
|Tour Period||30/06/2019 - 29/09/2019|
|Tour Application||01/02/2019 - 26/04/2019|
|Tour Budget||03/05/2019 - 17/06/2019|
How do I apply for Tours Funding?
Once your Tour has been approved by the Tours Board (a student-led sub-committee of the Clubs, Societies & Projects Board) and is deemed to meet the criteria of a 'Tour', you will be required to submit a budget within the relevant budget deadline specified above.