First launched in 2012, the Student Academic Choice Awards (SACAs) are Imperial College Union's flagship event for empowering students to recognise, reward and celebrate excellence amongst College staff.
We believe teaching and supervision are skills of equal worth and value to research, and we aim to build a community in which academics, staff and students all feel empowered to bring forth new ideas.
Historically, excellence has been celebrated across 8 categories. This year we have added a few new award categories to reflect more areas of the student experience. These are:
The Awards cover all faculties, departments and campuses, as well as all modes of study – undergraduate, taught postgraduate and doctoral research. Every student at Imperial has the chance to recognise the innovation, skill, engagement and energy of the staff they learn with.
Invites, certificates and the famous mug sent to each nominee are highly sought after by staff - as are the winners' trophies presented each year at the prestigious prize ceremony held in May.
You can nominate someone deserving of a SACAs award between 21 January - 10 February 2019.
Take a look at the winners in 2018:
SACAs - The 2018 Winners
- Best Supervision - Professor Marisa Miraldo
- Best Tutoring - Dr Graeme Wilson
- Best Graduate Teaching Assistant - Hormoz Ramian
- Best Teaching for Undergraduates - Doctor Anna Regoutz
- Best Support Staff - Clare Drysdale
- Best Innovation - Giskin Day
- Best Feedback - Dr Luc Vandeperre
- Best Teaching for Postgraduates - Dr Fidelis Perkonigg
Watch the Awards Ceremony