Your Reps & Council Elections is your chance to get involved in making a difference to students' lives at the Collge. All of the positions are an essential part of our representation structure at the Union.
We are electing:
- Course Reps At least one per Master’s Course
- Year Reps At least two per year of each Department except Earth, Science and Engineering
- Graduate Students’ Union (GSU) Committee
- Deputy President (Representation)
- Deputy President (Operations)
- Academic and Welfare Officer Engineering
- Academic and Welfare Officer Physical Sciences
- Academic and Welfare Officer Medicine
- Academic and Welfare Officer Life Sciences
- Academic and Welfare Officer Business School
- Events Officer
- Sports & Activities Officer
- Marketing & Publicity Officer
- RAG Officer
- Liberation Officer Ethics and Environmental Officer
- Ordinary Members of Union Council
How does it all work?
Both Undergraduate and Postgraduates can stand to be an Ordinary Member of Council or our Ethics and Environmental Officer.
Undergraduates can stand as a Year Rep in their Department (except Earth, Science and Engineering) and Postgraduates can stand as a Course Rep.
You can nominate yourself during our Nominations period (3 - 15 October), and then you can campaign to all students at the College. All students are then able to vote from 19 October until 23 October, and the results will be announced online. If you are elected in post, you will take up the role immediatley and you will be contacted in regards to
Find out more about taking part
Visit our Positions page for more information about each role. We also have some training materials from our Big Elections that will answer any queries you have about writing a manifesto or campaigning. Just visit our Candidates' Resources pages to view those online.
What's happening when
Here are some key dates for your diary...
|Nominations open||00:00, Saturday 3 October|
|Nominations close||23:59, Thursday 15 October|
|Manifestos due||12:00, Friday 16 October|
|Voting opens||12:00, Monday 19 October|
|Voting closes||12:00, Friday 23 October|
|Results announced||Friday 23 October|