The links in the menu above direct you to the Union's training about finance systems and procedures. Most of the finance procedures involve using eActivities in some way. Many of the modules of finance training require users to complete an online quiz before the functionality in eActivities becomes available, links to the quizzes are given on the relevant pages.
2015/16 Club, Society & Project Officers
Money In covers the procedures get getting money into your Club, Society or Project's accounts, while Money Out considers ways to extract it. Event Budgeting covers how to budget for an event through the Union's system and Corrections & Transfers covers the methods of moving money around within your accounts. You should read Money In and Money Out before Corrections & Transfers.
The Making a Claim booklet covers the processing of making a claim for reimbursement for expenditure individuals have undertaken on behalf of a Club, Society or Project. Before being able to make a claim individuals must have already completed the Key Information quiz. This booklet is intended as a guide for all members, not just Chairs & Treasurers.
The various sections have associated quizzes to complete to open up the functionality in eActivities.
Money In has three quizzes:
- Shop Administration - Compulsory for Club, Society or Project Chairs & Treasurers
- Sales Invoices
- Banking Cash & Cheques - Compulsory for Club, Society or Project Chairs & Treasurers
Money Out has three quizzes:
- Ordering from Suppliers - Optional for any committee member of a Club, Society or Project, but purchase orders cannot be created before passing the quiz
- Making a Claim - Option for any member of a Club, Society or Project, but claims cannot be submitted before passing the quiz
- Approving Expediture - Compulsory for Club, Society or Project Chairs & Treasurers
Before completing any financial process on eActivities users must also have passed the Key Information quiz; in the case of Club, Society or Project Chairs and Treasurers a financial responsibility form must have been signed, and in the case of Club, Society or Project Chairs the Principal Officers quiz must have been passed.