For the Skills Development Programme assignments, your assignment must meet the criteria in order to be passed. The criteria for individual assignments are outlined below.
- Identify the characteristics that make an effective team.
- Identify you role within a team that plays to your strengths.
- Evidence how you have acted up on a team members' motivations.
- Identify how conflict can be prevented or resolved within a team situation.
- Identify why it is important to set SMART project goals and how to set them.
- Demonstrate how a project management tool can be used when managing a project.
- Demonstrate the importance of contingency planning as part of the project management process.
- Identify your strengths in time management and explain steps you have taken to overcome weaknesses.
- Describe barriers to effective communication and the steps you have taken to overcome them.
- Describe how to design your message to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the importance of active listening to enhance communication.
- Assess own presentation skills and areas for development.
Persuasion & Negotiation
- Define both negotiation and persuasion, distinguishing the differences between the two processes.
- Identify and provide reasoning for the interpersonal skills required in successful negotiation and persuasion.
- Evidence a situation where you have used a negotiation tactic that played to your strengths and secured a successful outcome.
- Evidence a situation where you have planned a negotiation or persuasion strategy to structure your arguments, evaluating its success.
- Explain how emotional intelligence can have an impact on your relationships with others.
- Demonstrate the importance of feedback in relation to enhancing your own self-awareness.
- Explain how to be more aware of your own emotions and manage your own behaviour.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses to fulfil the responsibilities of your volunteer role.
- Define the role of a leader and identify the interpersonal skills that effective leaders possess.
- Demonstrate your understanding of leadership theory and how it can be applied. Evidence a situation where you have successfull led a team.
- Explain the importance of implementing flexible leadership styles when leading a diverse team.
- Identify your strengths and areas for improvement in relation to leadership skills. Discuss how areas for improvement will be targeted.