Imperial Plus workshops are open to all volunteers logging their hours toward Imperial Plus.
The workshops are created around six key skills introducing tools and tips to apply within your volunteer role, which are transferrable to many other work based situations which graduate recruites value.
For any volunteers who have registered for the ILM Endorsed Skills Development Programme, they will need to attend four out of the following six workshops in order to complete the programme. After they have attended the workshop, they will need to complete and submit via eActivities a short assignment based around the learning outcomes of each, using the assessment criteria outlined in the Imperial Plus Skills Assessment Framework as a guide.
You can sign up to the workshops via the What’s On Calendar. Filter your search by selecting 'Imperial Plus' from the event type drop-down list. Each workshop will run twice per term and spaces are limited to 12 participants per workshop.
An introduction to... Team Working
- Reflect on what contributes to a team being effective
- Identify the value of diversity in teams and the contribution of others
- Review strategies to motivate team members and overcome conflicts
An introduction to... Planning & Prioritising
- Assess where your strengths and weaknesses lie in time management, and review tools to prioritise tasks
- Discuss how to plan meetings that are effective and purposeful
- Review the different stages of planning and delivering a project
- Review project planning/management tools that ensure the successful deliver of project and goals
- Assess the benefit of contingency planning and evaluating project success
An introduction to... Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Practice problem solving using tested methodologies
- Identify the root cause of problems, devising solutions to overcome issues
- Review tools and template to generate ways to solve problems and select an appropriate course of action
An introduction to... Self-awareness
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses in relation to your role
- Reflected on the importance of feedback and using it to your advantage
- Review your own motivations to achieve personal goals
- Review the theory around emotional intelligence
An introduction to... Communication
- Reivew the communication process and methods of communication
- Identify the barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Assess the importance of active listening and effective questioning in communication
- Assess your own communication strengths and areas for development
An introduction to... Persuasion & Negotiation
- Identify interpersonal skills required to negotiate and persuade others
- Assess negotiation tactics that play to your strengths
- Practice techniques to confidently negotiate and persuade internal and external stakeholders