If you have a volunteer role with or via the Union in 2017/18 where you will be responsible for supervising other volunteers, you can apply for the Imperial Plus Volunteer Qualification.
This is an ILM Level 5 Award in Management of Volunteers. It comprises of four modules (listed below) that are taught over four one-day interactive workshops, delivered by an external training provider, Blue Edge Training. This nationally recognised qualification will be hugely beneficial to you in your role in addition to any leadership and management role you have in your career.
It is designed to enable you to develop all the major skill sets required to supervise or manage volunteers to get the most from them. From keeping them motivated and engaged; ensuring they feel valued and supported, recognising the difference their contribution is making; to setting your own vision and goals for your area of responsibility and leading a team to achieve them – this qualification will provide you with invaluable skills.
At the end of the qualification, you will be able to:
- Promote volunteering opportunities to existing and future volunteers
- Understand theories and models of motivation and how to apply these within the context of volunteering.
- Understand the wider volunteering picture and develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop strategies to lead your areas of responsibility
You will have the opportunity to meet one-to-one with a dedicated Union staff member, who can offer advice and guidance on the assessment criteria and how to apply your learning to your volunteer role.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to undertake the ILM Level 5 Award in Management of Volunteers, you must:
- Be a full member of Imperial College Union
- Have a volunteer role with or via the Union in place for 2017/18, where the knowledge gained and skills learnt will be utilised.
- Be committed to attend all four workshops, which will be held on Tuesday 27 & Wednesday 28 June and Saturday 30 September & Sunday 1 October 2017, 10:00-17:30
To achieve the ILM Award, volunteers will have to attend all four training days and submit and pass two 2500 word assignment evidencing the ILM defined criteria.
For a full breakdown of the modules and their learning outcomes, click here.
How do I find out more information?
For any questions related to the Volunteer Qualification email email@example.com