This 1 Day Fitness First Aid course allows successful attendees to gain the Level 3 Award in First Aid for Sport, Exercise and Fitness (RQF), valid for 3 years upon successful completion of the course.
First Aid for Sport, Exercise and Fitness is a great introduction to first aid in a sports environment, providing the essential knowledge, skills and decisions for all first aiders in the sports sector.
Course content includes:
- Sports specific practical scenario training
- Primary Survey & vital signs
- Airway Management; safe airway positions & dealing with gum shields
- Return to play decisions following on field assessment using SALTAPS
- Recognition of concussion; use of Maddock's questions
- Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains; when to and when not to use ice
- CPR Resuscitation procedures; single and multi-person scenarios
- Safe use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
The course will take place on Sunday 26 November on the South Kensington Campus; it will run over 1 day from 09.00 - 17.00 PM with a break for lunch.
Max 1 sign-up per person.
Sign-ups will close on Thursday 23 November at 17.00 PM