For the Skills Development Programme assignments, your assignment must meet certain criteria in order to be passed. There criteria differ per topic, and you can find criteria for individual assignments outlined below.
For a more detailed breakdown of the assignment criteria, and what assessors look for to pass an assignment, refer to the online guidance document. It is strongly recommended that you refer to this document prior to writing your assignment.
- Identify the characteristics that make an effective team.
- Identify you role within a team that plays to your strengths.
- Evidence how you have acted up on a team members' motivations.
- Identify how conflict can be prevented or resolved within a team situation.
- Identify why it is important to set SMART project goals and how to set them.
- Demonstrate how a project management tool can be used when managing a project.
- Demonstrate the importance of contingency planning as part of the project management process.
- Identify your strengths in time management and explain steps you have taken to overcome weaknesses.
- Describe barriers to effective communication and the steps you have taken to overcome them.
- Describe how to design your message to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the importance of active listening to enhance communication.
- Assess own presentation skills and areas for development.
Persuasion & Negotiation
- Define both negotiation and persuasion, distinguishing the differences between the two processes.
- Identify and provide reasoning for the interpersonal skills required in successful negotiation and persuasion.
- Evidence a situation where you have used a negotiation tactic that played to your strengths and secured a successful outcome.
- Evidence a situation where you have planned a negotiation or persuasion strategy to structure your arguments, evaluating its success.
- Explain how emotional intelligence can have an impact on your relationships with others.
- Demonstrate the importance of feedback in relation to enhancing your own self-awareness.
- Explain how to be more aware of your own emotions and manage your own behaviour.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses to fulfil the responsibilities of your volunteer role.
- Define the role of a leader and identify the interpersonal skills that effective leaders possess.
- Demonstrate your understanding of leadership theory and how it can be applied. Evidence a situation where you have successfull led a team.
- Explain the importance of implementing flexible leadership styles when leading a diverse team.
- Identify your strengths and areas for improvement in relation to leadership skills. Discuss how areas for improvement will be targeted.