Every year we welcome over 400 stall holders to showcase the best of what the Union has to offer at the annual Freshers’ Fair. This includes all of our brilliant 375+ Clubs, Societies & Projects.
The Fair spans across the whole South Kensington Campus and takes over both Union and College spaces; from fencing on Queen’s Lawn to 3D printers in Beit, there is something to see and do in every corner of campus.
In order to facilitate this and for your club to get the most out of the fair, it’s important that you tell us what you need so that we can accommodate your needs as a stallholder.
Each group will get a stall which includes the following;
- Stall (1x trestle table)
- Chairs (exceptions: Beit Quad, Dalby Court & Queen’s Lawn)
What else is on offer for CSPs?
Performance & demonstration space (slots will be allocated nearer to the time)
Power (not guaranteed)
Additional space for large equipment
Please note: you are only guaranteed a stall at this point however we will provide the above where possible
What information do we need?
In order to meet your club's needs we require the following information;
- What activities will you be doing on/around your stall
- Do you require power? (not for laptop use but to power equipment e.g. 3D printer)
- Additional space (e.g. for large equipment)
- Demonstration/performance space preference (Queen's Lawn for Sports demonstrations / Beit Quad for other demonstrations & performances)
- Any special or accessibility requirements
The form does not cover:
- Give it a Go / Wanna Go Wednesday
- Equipment pick & and drop off from Ethos on the day of the fair
|Saturday 29 September||Freshers' Fair Briefing|
|Saturday 29 - 30 September||Moving in Weekend|
|Monday 01 October|
|Tuesday 02 October||Freshers' Fair|
|Wednesday 03 October||Sports Trials / Wanna Go Wednesday|
Look out for other events happening during Welcome Week (29th September - 9th October) that your CSP can get involved in.
Who is expected to attend?
- Social Enterprise groups (via the Student Development team)
Why get involved?
Here are some key stats about Freshers' Fair at Imperial:
- Each year we have between 5,000 and 6,000 attendees at the fair
- 30% of all survey participants said that Freshers’ Fair led them to join a Club, Society or Project (Student Experience Survey, 2016-17)
- Freshers’ fair is the busiest day on the Union website with 11,040 unique visitors! (2015-16)
- In fact, the Clubs, Societies & Projects ‘A-Z’ had the most traffic with 14,000 page views!
Give it a Go
This year we're shaking up Give it a Go to bring you Wanna Go Wednesday - a jam-packed day of free activities for new and returning students. We'll be taking over Beit Quad, the Union building and a few other spaces on campus for you to host beginner taster sessions for potential members.
Why run a free taster session?
- Promotion of your activity via the Union's Welcome Hub
- Promotion of your activity on flyers distributed during Freshers' Fair
- An opportunity to recruit new students bu showing them what you're about at the earliest opportunity in the year
- FREE space within/around the Union (Beit Quad) to run your activity
- FREE t-shirt for club volunteers (max 2 per club)
In order to secure your stall you or at least one other committee member will be expected to attend the Freshers' Briefing on Saturday 29 September.
When? Saturday 29 September, 2:00 - 13:00 PM
Where? LT 200, City & Guilds building
All Clubs, Societies & Projects are expected to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By holding a stall at the fair you are agreeing to comply.
Practically this means:
- Asking for and recording consent to email individuals.
Recording this securely, either via:
- College systems: your CSP Office 365 SharePoint, collected via Microsoft Forms
- Paper form to be digitised and disposed of (shredded or in a secure waste bin - in the Union Offices, Beit Quad)
How do I register for a stall?
Step 1: Fill out the Stall Requirements webform below
Step 2: Sign up to and attend the Freshers’ Fair Briefing on Saturday 29 September
The location of your stall will be provided in September.