We are looking to recruit a team of paid Student Trainers to deliver Student Activities workshops.
Imperial College Union plays a key role in how students learn, develop and grow during their time at College, especially through the skills they learn through involvement in our activities.
Student Activities provide our key volunteers with the opportunity to develop skills relevant to their committee roles through workshops delivered by Student Trainers.
Skills and experience
We are looking for enthusiastic students who are excellent communicators, confident public speakers, are well organised and reliable and can think on their feet. To apply you should be willing to develop your own skills and motivated to train and support others to develop theirs. No training experience is required as all Student Trainers will attend a one-day train the trainer course and be supported by Union staff to deliver pre-written workshops to our volunteers.
Student Trainers are expected to:
- Attend a one day train the trainer course in September 2017 and a half-day refresher course in February 2018
- Attend an induction session in October 2017
- Commit to deliver approximately 12 workshops throughout the academic year
- Collect and return training materials from/to the Union for each workshop
- Maintain regular contact with the Student Activities Coordinator
- Attend and contribute towards workshop evaluation meetings as required
- Be a positive representative of Imperial College Union
- Uphold the Union’s Equality and Diversity policy at all times
You may also be required to:
- Deliver workshops in evenings and at weekends, a majority of which will be at South Kensington but occasionally at non-SK campuses (travel will be reimbursed)
Hourly rate: £10.66 per hour (inc. holiday pay)
The role is flexible and consists of day work during term time and vacations.
To apply please complete the application web form by 5pm on Monday 21 August.
Interviews will be held on the afternoon of Wednesday 6 September at the Union in Beit Quad. For any questions, please contact Kristie Thacker (Student Activities Coordinator).