My name is Veronika and I’m a second year.
Having been heavily involved in the Biomed committee this year as your social secretary and having worked closely with the president, I know what encompasses being a great president and I promise you that I will be just that.
I will liaise with the academic officers to make sure:
1. Any concerns are promptly and properly communicated with the staff
2. Your suggestions are taken seriously by the staff
3. We are regularly informed about what is happening on the course
4. Deadlines are more evenly spaced out
5. Feedback is given out on time while also being constructive and helpful
6. We have more careers events so we feel more confident about our futures post-graduation
Outside of academia, I promise to:
1. Work closely with the society’s social secretary to introduce more events, including non-alcoholic events.
2. Make sure that everyone is involved and comfortable in social situations.
Having been the social secretary, I know what a responsibility it is and promise to help the new social secretary along the way.
People who know me know that I am passionate and want to make sure everyone is getting the most out of not only their academics but also out of the social aspects of university. I am very approachable so I will listen to any of your concerns or suggestions, speak up at the SU meetings and make sure (y)our voices are heard.
Hope I’ve got your vote!