Hello! I am Hiren and I am running to be your Departmental Alumni Officer.
At the Department of Chemical Engineering here at Imperial College London, we are lucky to have some of the most successful alumni of any university in the country and I believe that we should make the most of this. To do so, I have set out the following policies and commitments:
• Organise the Alumni Speed Dating and Alumni Networking Social Evening. I would like students from ALL year groups to be able to take part in these events.
• Organise talks and networking events from Chem Eng alumni with careers in a variety of sectors.
• Events should represent alumni from all different backgrounds; from typical Chem Eng careers (such as pharmaceuticals and oil & gas) to finance and consultancy. I believe it is important for us to be exposed to the widest range of careers as possible.
• Help set up a new network whereby students will be able to ask questions and speak to various Chem Eng alumni from the department.
• Attain new sponsorship opportunities through the CGCA and alumni.
If you have any questions, ideas or comments, please feel free to get in touch!