I am writing to apply for the first team captain position. To me, a captain embodies both stewardship and leadership. In my humble opinion, I would suggest the following changes to make our team even friendlier and competitive.
(i).External – Community Engagement to establish close partnerships with Sports Imperial, Badminton UK and greater society
• Effectively negotiate the time and venue for internal trainings
• Engage relevant community stakeholders to gain access to more resources
• Search for qualified coach through existing connections
(ii).Internal - Better organise Training Regime and Match Scheduling to ensure players sustain optimal conditions
• Design a more systematic regime to target different game categories
• Organise athletics/running sessions at Hyde Park to boost overall endurance and stamina
• Encourage team players to attend S&C sessions to prevent injuries
(iii).Eternal - Enhanced Team Bonding to foster harmony within the team, raise attendance and cultivate sense of belonging
• Host regular team social events (karaoke, dinner, parties etc.)
• Organise light-hearted training activities at the end of the practice sessions
Currently serving as the Vice President at the Chinese Society, I have learnt how to coordinate a team and organise activities. Moreover, years of training I have gone through in the capacity of a former Hong Kong Badminton Team representative and school team captain has equipped me with extensive knowledge about this sport and given me the access to professional networks.
With my fortitude and capability, I am certain that I would be able to take up the challenge with great deal of passion. Thank you.