Chris Mentis Cravaris
Year One is a big deal for all of us. Our only real difference is that some of us are better at hiding our stress than others. However, University is a team sport and we should all look out for each other. We ought to be on the same page with our department so the flow of the course is well suited for as many people as possible. That is something that I intend to pursue as your Academic Representative.
I have past experience in High School student positions, having assumed an active role in student events and actions and having been on the editorial team of the yearbook of our graduating class, both of which required a high degree of coordination with the school administration. It is important that we achieve the best possible academic conditions for our year without excessively butting heads with the College. I am very committed to realizing that as your Rep.
Should I be elected, I will advocate for:
• Continual collaboration between students and the EEE Department through the established Staff-Student Committee.
• Well-paced, adjustable lectures and reasonable coursework deadlines.
• Student events in collaboration with the Union.
• Group study and revision sessions prior to exams.
• Detailed feedback on coursework for all students.
I will, of course, be available to contact for any issues or concerns you may have and I will do my best to resolve them.
For all these reasons, you should trust me with your vote to achieve a better Year One.