Why I want to become a Year Rep:
- This opportunity would be an excellent base to form relationships with our year, as well as with staff in the department.
- I want to be part of the support network that ensures your voice is heard, and that we all make the most out of our Imperial experience.
Why I would excel in this role:
- I have previously worked in other committee roles which enabled me to develop effective communication skills and learn how to work successfully in a team.
- I am meticulously organised: for the past three years I have balanced full-time education with part-time commitments i.e. part-time work.
What you can expect from me:
- I will ensure everyone knows how to contact me and strive to be a friendly presence so that all can feel comfortable approaching me.
- I will listen to all your opinions and concerns – making an appropriate record – and then represent them in Staff-Student Committees.
- I will adopt a professional and confidential approach to all matters.
- I will aim to nurture good relationships with relevant staff members and to take a diligent approach to committee meetings. Reporting back to the cohort on my progress.
Thank you for reading my manifesto, if you have any further questions feel free to get in contact via my student email: firstname.lastname@example.org