A bar night is a good way for members of a club, society, project or student group to get to know each other. It could also be a means of creating some extra funding for the club.
How to book a Bar Night
- Choose the type of bar night you wish to host and the venue.
- Submit a booking form to Dominic Murray (email@example.com) at least 3 weeks in advance
- Receive a function sheet for you to review, sign, and send back.
- Run your bar night
For more details please see the bar night booking procedure
Types of Bar Night
This involves having a bar open with attendees using their own cash to purchase food or drinks.
A bar tab is a pre-decided amount of money put behind a bar for attendees to spend.
This involves the event organiser being issued drinks vouchers to give to attendees for them to spend at the event.
Please note: You cannot provide funds for more than 8 units of alcohol to be bought per person. This means a maximum of 4 drinks vouchers per person.
- These will be provided by us, and you will be able to collect these from the Bar Manager at the start of your event.
- The value of hte drinks vouchers can be selected between the range of £2.80 - £5.00
- Vouchers are not valid for double measures or shots.
- Vouchers are for single use and you will not receive change from the voucher.
- Only the value of hte drink that is voucher is exchanged for will be added to the bar tab. Not the full value of the voucher.
- If a voucher is not used, it will exprire at the end of the event and you will not be charged for it.
Bar night bookings can start from 15:00. Closing times can be found on the union website.
Maximum capacity of 100 people.
Available to hire on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday during term times.
Maximum capacity is 400
Available to hire Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday during term times.
- You are not allowed to bring any alcohol in from outside of the Union. The whole building is a licenced premises and as such it is against the law to do so.
- A minimum spend will be set for all bar nights. If the minimum spend is not met at the event, the difference will be added to your final bill for the event. This wil be charged via eActivities.
- We will take the VAT off the tab total and give clubs a further 10% discount. *Please note this can only be applied to bookings made on behalf of clubs or societies.
- It is possible to have a bar tab system and then switch to a cost bar once everyone has used their drinks vouchers.
For audio and visual equipment, hiring of security (if numbers are to exceed maximum capacity), or any other notes relevant to your booking please use the "any other requests" section of the booking form.
We are able to provide catering for your event. Please see our menu for what's available.