This Officer Academy is based on the Charing Cross campus
Congratulations to all newly elected and returning Club, Society & Project Officers for 2018/19!
You are now one of 2,500+ volunteers who have stepped forward to improve the experience of students across Imperial and beyond. You play a big part in the Union and its success.
So, you’ve successfully secured your place on a committee and Freshers' Fair is on the horizon. Now what…?
Enter the 2018 Officer Academy (Charing Cross)!
This year’s Officer Academy will provide you with the tools and knowledge to run your Club, Society or Project well, while providing useful tips to help you plan your year.
When & Where?
- Friday 21 September
- Reynolds, Charing Cross Campus
- Registration time 15:00 - 15:15
- Workshops time 15:30 - 20:50
- Pizza, Meet & Greet: 20:20 - 21:15
Workshops & Attendance
After working with the Imperial College School of Medicine Students' Union (ICSMSU) Executive Committee, we have hand-picked a number of workshops:
- Club Finance
- Safety & Risk Management
- Team Management
- Creating Inclusive Environments
NEW autumn 2018: Introduction to Competitions 2018-19 (BUCS, LUSL & Club Competitions)
Who is expected to attend?
Workshops are open to all new and returning committee members (CSP Officers) however those in the following positions are expected to attend:
- President/Chair/Club Captain
- Team Captains
Those in the positions of President/Chair/Club Captain and Treasurer are expected to attend Club Finance and Safety & Risk Management as a minimum. These sessions will cover key points related to Financial Responsibility and the welfare of your members.
Team captains are expected to attend Introduction to Competitions as a minimum. If you cannot attend, a representative from your club must be present.
Why sign up?
- "Cheerful, clear communication, relaxed & well-organised"
- "Great, glad I came! I feel more confident"
- "Trainers were knowledegable and engaging"
- "Very useful! Much needed information, good session lengths"
- "Great introduction to all CSP things. Should be compulsory!"
- "Many questions were answered. I now feel better prepared to be a CSP officer"
- 2017 attendees
In addition, you’ll be given:
- FREE pizza and refreshments
- Officer Academy goodie bag
- A fantastic induction day to get to know your fellow CSP Officers, build confidence and receive information on things you need to know, plus hints & tips for success!
- Networking opportunities with Union staff, your ICSM Executive Committee, and your Officer Trustees who you will be working with next year
- 1-2-1 advice specific to your Club, Society or Project
Sign up & Schedule
- Step 1: Take a look at the schedule for the day
- Step 2: Complete the registration webform below
- Step 3: Sign up to your chosen workshops via the What's On calender (links below)
- Step 4: Turn up!
Signups will close on Monday 10 September 2018
A brief summary of sessions and times has been provided, with links to sign up to your chosen workshops:
|Saftey & Risk Management||15:30||17:40||19:20|
|Creating Inclusive Environments||15:30||17:40|
|Introduction to Competitions 2018-19 (BUCS, LUSL & Club Competitions)||19:20|
|Drop-in (booking not required)|
Key things to remember:
- The number of workshops on offer vary, with limited spaces available
- By signing up online you can secure a place on your chosen workshops
- We cannot guarantee your place if you have not signed up online, however we will try our best to accomodate you where possible on the day
- It is not possible to attend all workshops on offer so we suggest you split sessions among your committee to cover as much as possible
Registration has now closed