Congratulations to all newly elected and returning Club, Society & Project Officers for 2018/19!
You are now one of 2,000+ volunteers who have stepped forward to improve the experience of students across Imperial and beyond. You play a big part in the Union and its success.
So, you’ve successfully secured your place on a committee, exams are over and Freshers' Fair is on the horizon but so far away. Now what…?
Enter the 2018 Officer Academy!
This year’s Officer Academy will provide you with the tools and knowledge to run your Club, Society or Project well, while providing useful tips to help you plan your year.
When & Where?
- Wednesday 20 June
- Beit Quad, SK Campus
- Registration from 9.00 AM
- Workshops 10.00 - 15.00 PM
Workshops & Attendance
Building on the success of last year's Officer Academy we're offering an even greater range of skills and knowledge-based workshops!
- Club Finance
- Safety & Risk Management
- Team Management
- Project & Event Management
- Building Resilience
- Exploring Sponsorship
- Creating Inclusive Environments
Those in the position of President/Chair/Club Captain and Treasurer are expected to attend Club Finance and Safety & Risk Management as a minimum. These sessions will cover key points related to Financial Responsibility and the welfare of your members
Who is expected to attend?
Workshops are open to all new and returning committee members (CSP Officers) however those in the following positions are expected to attend:
- President/Chair/Club Captain
Why sign up?
- "Cheerful, clear communication, relaxed & well-organised"
- "Great, glad I came! I feel more confident"
- "Trainers were knowledegable and engaging"
- "Very useful! Much needed information, good session lengths"
- "Great introduction to all CSP things. Should be compulsory!"
- "Many questions were answered. I now feel better prepared to be a CSP officer"
- 2017 attendees
In addition, you’ll be given:
- Officer Academy resources pack
- A fantastic induction day to get to know your fellow CSP Officers, build confidence and receive information on things you need to know, plus hints & tips for success!
- Networking opportunities with Union staff and your Officer Trustees who you will be working with next year
- 1-2-1 advice specific to your Club, Society or Project
Sign up & Schedule
- Step 1: Take a look at the schedule for the day
- Step 2: Complete the registration webform below
- Step 3: Sign up to your chosen workshops via the What's On calender
- Step 4: Turn up!
Signups will close on Monday 4 June 2018
The number of workshops on offer vary, with limited spaces available. By signing up online you can secure a place on your chosen workshops. We cannot guarantee your place at a workshop on the day.
It is not possible to attend all workshops on offer so we suggest you split sessions among your committee to cover as much as possible.
A brief summary of sessions and times has been provided, with links to sign up to your chosen workshops.
|Safety & Risk Management||
|Project & Event Management||10.10||13.10|
|Creating Inclusive Environments||13.10|