Union Minibus

Driving in Europe

Currently the Union has two minibuses which can be taken to other European Union countries – they have 9 seats and a large amount of loading space for equipment. You must have at least two drivers if you are taking a minibus to Europe. 

Restrictions on driving minibuses in Europe are different to those in the UK and you must contact the Student Activities minibuses team before considering taking a Union minibus abroad. This should be done as far in advance as possible and bookings can be confirmed further in advance then the normal two weeks.

There are different regulations for each country in Europe so check that you have all the necessary information and for each county. For all minibuses that are taken to Europe you will also have to pay £60 for additional breakdown cover. If you are considering taking a minibus to a country outside of the European Union then please contact the Student Activities minibuses team as far in advance as possible.


Beit Quadrangle
Prince Consort Road
London SW7 2BB
Registered Charity No: 1151241
Tel: 020 7594 8060
Fax: 020 7594 8065
Email: union@imperial.ac.uk
Twitter: @icunion
VAT Reg No. GB 240 5617 84