Page last updated: 08/04/20
This page is dedicated to all Activities-specific guidance and updates for Clubs, Societies & Projects. The page will be updated regularly to help you stay up-to-date. Below you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and a copy of any communication sent via the 'All-Club-Officer' mailing list from the Student Activities team regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Activities Updates: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you have any suggestions for questions to add to this list please contact the Activities team with the subject title: Coronavirus FAQ Suggestion. We'll do our best to respond and post the answer here for the benefit of all CSPs!
For further guidance regarding travelling, please refer to the TRAVEL section of the College’s most up-to-date information at: imperial.ac.uk/about/covid-19
- We have an upcoming event and want to know if this can go ahead/if we can go?
- Given the government’s recommendations in terms of travel and social distancing, we are now advising that *ALL CSP activities be cancelled* with immediate effect, regardless of whether they are being held on campus or externally. This applies to any event taking place before May 31st (this will be updated in line with College and government guidance).
- We have room and minibus bookings, what will happen to these?
- Given the government’s recommendations in terms of travel and social distancing, we are now advising that *ALL CSP activities be cancelled* with immediate effect. This applies to any event taking place before May 31st (this will be updated in line with College and government guidance). As a consequence, all room and minibus bookings are cancelled during that time.
- Will we get a refund for our minibus?
- If your minibus booking is cancelled as a consequence of Union closure in light of Covid-19, you will be entitled to a refund from the Union.
- Will we be able to play sport against other universities?
- The British University and Colleges Sports (BUCS) have now suspended the commencement of any BUCS activity (inc. LUSL), both sporting and non-sporting events, until Wednesday, April 1st. For any other sporting organisation, please seek advice from them directly or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- Update 27/03/20: In consultation with their members, BUCS have made the decision to end the 2019/20 league and knockout season with immediate effect, finalising all league tables as of Wednesday 18 March 2020. For the full decision and information on its implementation please refer to the update from BUCS published on Friday 27 March 2020.
- Will our weekly training sessions still be able to happen?
- Given the government’s recommendations in terms of travel and social distancing, we are now advising that *ALL CSP activities be cancelled* with immediate effect. This applies to any event taking place before May 31st (this will be updated in line with College and government guidance).
Finance & Refunds
- Can we recover the costs we paid suppliers if we have had to cancel a trip/event/activity?
- If you have cancelled your trip or are unable to go due to the outbreak of Coronavirus, please contact each supplier directly to enquire about their refund policies, bearing in mind that each provider will have a different policy. Some airlines, hotels and other travel firms WILL now let you cancel or rebook. It's worth checking directly with your airline or hotel even if your original booking was on a non-refundable basis, as some have started to introduce special cancellation or rebooking policies to help those affected by COVID-19.
- Update 01/04/20: To help us understand how COVID-19 has impacted our clubs, societies & projects financially we have created a form to capture this information. Please complete the form using this link if you have had an activity/event/trip/tour cancelled due to COVID-19, and this has resulted in financial loss for your CSP. Completing this form does not guarantee any refund or reimbursement, however it will allow us to explore the options for your situation.
- Update 08/04/20: We recommend you check the Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) of your booking as well as any written contracts, agreements or service level agreements before contacting your supplier to request a refund.
- If you need support to negotiate with your supplier(s), please contact email@example.com and we will assist you. The Union’s staff team is still working full-time to support you.
- I have received confirmation we will be getting a refund from an external supplier. What information should I give them?
- Once a supplier has confirmed they will issue a refund, you will need to give them the Union’s bank account details and ask them to quote the relevant Purchase Order number for our reference. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the bank details required.
- We want to refund our members, how do we do this?
- Update 08/04/20: The Activities team are currently working on a process to provide your members with a refund, including mass refunds for tickets sold for an event/trip/tour/sports training. Check back for updates.
- Update 08/04/20: Your ability to offer your members a refund will depend on two factors: whether or not you have recouped expenditure via a refund from your supplier(s) and if not, whether you have enough Self Generated Income (SGI), as determined by the Deputy President (Finance & Services). We will related publish guidance here shortly. Check back for updates
Annual General Meetings (AGM) / Committee Elections
- What do we do about hosting our AGMs?
- The Union relies on elected volunteers to deliver a great student experience at Imperial. However, given the governmental and College advice to practice social distancing, we advise against holding in-person AGMs. As detailed in the All-Club-Officers email, sent on Friday 20 March, all CSP elections will need to be hosted online. The timeline for your CSP elections is below.
- Update 08/04/20: All CSPs with vacancies in their Next Year Contact Details will be entered in these elections. CSP committees are expected to advertise this to their membership who will be able to submit nominations, manifestos and votes via the Union’s website. Please refer to the latest guidance on how to host an effective online CSP election for more information.
||Time and Date
||12:00 (noon) Friday, April 03
||18:00 Wednesday, April 15
||12:00 (noon) Friday, April 17
||14:00 Friday, April 17
||14:00 Wednesday, April 22
||19:00 Wednesday, April 22
Access to Union Facilities