Are you an individual who is:
- Passionate about customer service?
- An enthusiastic and motivational leader?
- At the cutting edge of retail trends?
- A stickler for quality and standards?
- Highly experienced in retail management?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all of the above then we want to hear from you!
We are currently looking for an experienced Retail Manager to join our busy Commercial Services retail team and help us deliver our ambitious and exciting plans! The post-holder will be expected to manage the Union’s retail outlets and online shop, which sell a variety of branded and non-branded goods including food-to-go, hot/cold drinks, snacks & confectionary, clothes, stationery, electronic goods, and gifts.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Retail Manager, you will:
- Oversee all operational aspects of the Union’s Retail Trade provision
- Provide inspirational leadership and support to the retail team
- Ensure a culture of customer service excellence
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Think strategically with regard to future income streams and manage projects to improve the retail experience and develop the retail offer
- Ensure industry best practice with regard to processes and procedures, giving due consideration to operational efficiency, effectiveness, security and legal obligations
- Maintain strict financial controls, deliver against budget targets and ensure optimum stock holding levels
- Appropriate management / professional qualification or significant experience (3+ years) of managing retail operations
- Experience of managing and delivering against a significant budget (£1m+)
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and successfully manage key relationships
- Ability to handle pressure and competing priorities in a busy environment
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop a team to achieve results
- Experience of EPOS and other technological systems, and fully IT conversant
- Knowledge of industry retail trends across different customer demographics
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, including Food Hygiene
- Ability to collate and analyse figures and data, to track trade patterns and adapt the retail offer accordingly
About Imperial College Union
As an employee of Imperial College, you will be part of lively community and work in a friendly and relaxed environment. Our aim is to provide to all our employees a supportive and relaxed working environment with an emphasis on personal development and work-life balance. Based on that we offer:
- flexible working hours
- generous pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus 6/7 extra days per year for College Christmas and Easter closures)
- bicycle loan scheme
- season ticket loan
- health benefits
- excellent professional development opportunities and many more.