Imperial College London is consistently cited as one of the world’s top ranking Universities. Founded by Prince Albert and gaining Royal Charter in 1907, Imperial College London can now count 15 Nobel Laureates among its Alumni.
Imperial College Students’ Union is an innovative, democratic and fast-growing organisation supporting students studying at Imperial College London. For over 100 years, we have been a proudly student-led organisation.
The Imperial College Union Shop - situated in the centre of the South Kensington campus between the Royal Albert hall and the V&A - provides an essential service for Students, Staff, Alumni and Imperial’s vast international following.
Imperial College Union has two shops located on our South Kensington campus, one selling student essentials and Imperial branded clothing and accessories, and a separate newsagent store. We also run a successful online shop, shipping our quality products to a growing Worldwide customer base.
As an enthusiastic and energetic Retail Assistant, you will deliver excellent customer service whilst working in an experienced and friendly team to provide an unforgettable shopping experience.
With the help of excellent ongoing training and development you will become an expert in your field, offering fresh ideas and adding your own creative flair within a collaborative and inspirational team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service, an interest in stationery, some experience in online selling or a will to learn, and a strong drive to help us grow and develop our retail offer in an amazing working environment.
As a Retail Assistant you will be expected to create, maintain and develop effective working relationships with all Union staff members.
Typical daily tasks will comprise;
- Ensuring that end of day procedures are adhered to.
- Dealing with all deliveries promptly and ensuring that all paperwork is correctly administered.
- Storing and organising product in the stockrooms in a tidy and logical fashion.
- Ensuring that all stock lines are on show and achieving maximum sales potential.
- Assisting with the visual merchandising throughout the store.
- Working with external suppliers to develop our product range and bring fresh ideas
- Listing items on our online shop and packing and shipping our online orders
- Providing an enthusiastic and engaging presence on the shop floor to serve customers and ensure they leave the store with a positive and memorable experience.
The position is a 10 month fixed-term contract for Maternity cover.
Working hours are typically Monday-Friday 10.00am-6.00pm, although some flexibility for occasional early starts and late finishes, as well as occasional weekend work, is required.
Closing date: 21/09/2017
Interview Date: 29/09/2017
Should you have any queries please contact: Rob Smith – email@example.com