If the answer is ‘yes’ to all of the above, we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting 10 week opportunity for a Communities and Transitions Intern to join our Student Development Team! The Intern will help us in our commitment of creating a strong sense of belonging to the Imperial College Community, by applying their academic skills and theory of building a sense of belonging in higher education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth research into the postgraduate community at Imperial College.
- Review the inclusion and community building practices at Imperial College Union.
- Produce an analytical report with recommendations on building a strong and inclusive community at Imperial College.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of Welcome Week.
- Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent.
- Enrolled in a graduate program in student affairs or Higher Education-related field
- Experience in researching and gathering data.
- Experience in writing analytical reports.
- An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues in practice.
- Strong knowledge of theory and research pertaining to creating community and supporting transitions.
- Ability to find and present data in a clear and concise fashion for reporting.
Candidates are responsible for ensuring that they comply with the UK’s visa requirements. For those who require a Tier 5 visa, Imperial College Union and Imperial College London cannot be a sponsor due to internship duration.
To apply please download and complete the form below, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight on the 10th April 2019
Interview Date: 17th April 2019